Sunday, January 01, 2017

Solemnity of the Mother of God

And the shepherds went back glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen. (Luke 2 :20)

I was reminded by this statement from today’s Gospel reading of the time my wife first went to Medjugorje. It was in 1997. She had travelled there with a friend. I preferred to stay at home.

I met her at the airport on her return. She didn’t ask after the children or how things had been while she was away. Instead, her first words to me were: “Don’t ever tell me there isn’t a God!”

Like the shepherds in the Gospel reading, she had journeyed to meet with the Lord and had been blessed big-time, returning to glorify and praise God for all she had heard, seen, and experienced.


As for me, I pondered all that my wife had said in my heart, and three years later went to Medjugorje. It was exactly as I had been told.

Dear children! I want you to understand that I am your Mother, that I want to help you and call you to prayer. Only by prayer can you understand and accept my messages and practice them in your life. Read Sacred Scripture, live it, and pray to understand the signs of the times. This is a special time, therefore, I am with you to draw you close to my heart and the heart of my Son, Jesus. Dear little children, I want you to be children of the light and not of the darkness. Therefore, live what I am telling you. Thank you for having responded to my call.
Medjugorje message, August 25, 1993